Things to do in Prescott Valley
If you’re looking for a great place to raise a family, Prescott Valley, Arizona, is the perfect spot. Your family will never be bored with tons of things to do and plenty of space to explore. From hiking and biking trails to fun festivals and events, there’s something for everyone in Prescott Valley. So come and see why Prescott Valley is the perfect place for your family. We are sure you’ll have a blast!
- Find your inner cowboy or cowgirl at one of the many rodeos held in Prescott Valley. The Findlay Toyota Event center often hosts the Mile-High PBR tour, mark your calendars, it is fantastic.
- Stroll through downtown Prescott Valley Event Center, enjoy ax throwing at In the Game Arcade, visit the unique eateries, and take in a movie at Harkins Theater.
- Visit Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary in nearby Prescott to see exotic animals up close.
- Play a round of golf at one of the many championship golf courses in the Prescott Valley area. Some award-winning area courses include Stoneridge, Quailwood, Antelope Hills, Prescott Lakes, and Prescott Country Club.
- Cool off at a Splash Pad at Bob Edwards or Mountain Valley Park, a great spot for kids to beat the heat.
- Ice Skating during the winter at Findlay Event Center. It is an economical family activity that is tons of fun.
- Take a scenic hike or bike ride on the Peavine Trail or Iron King Trail. You can even rent ebikes from a local bike shop. Prescottebike.com
- Attend a concert or event at the Findlay Toyota Center, Prescott Valley’s premier entertainment venue. Their schedule is full of all types of entertainment and shows.
- Enjoy a day of fishing and picnicking at Fain Park, one of Prescott Valley’s most popular recreation areas. The park has some easy trails that you can stroll to learn about the history of the park.
Prescott Valley is Growing
As of the last count, Prescott Valley, Arizona, has grown to a population of approximately 48,000 (it was 38,000 in 2010). The growing town sits at an elevation of 5,000 feet and is located 85 miles north of Phoenix. Prescott Valley has a large retail center, an indoor Event Center, and Yavapai Regional Medical Center Hospital. Many retirees live in Prescott Valley due to relatively inexpensive housing and the mild climate.
According to Bestplaces.net, the median age of Prescott Valley’s population is 41 years old, with a median income of $40,298. One of the reasons many families and retirees select Prescott Valley as their home is the mild climate. Bestplaces.net gives Prescott Valley a comfort index of 8 out of 10.
You can see from the average temperatures and rainfall in the data below why Prescott Valley received such a high comfort rating.
Prescott Valley Weather
Prescott Valley Weather Averages (source: NOAA)
Prescott Valley is a great place to retire, raise a family, or take a break from the hustle and bustle of city life. There are plenty of activities for all ages and interests. Call me if you want to learn more about what Prescott Valley offers. I would be happy to show you around some of our amazing parks, golf courses, and shopping destinations. And when you’re ready to buy, I’ll be here to help you find your perfect home in this beautiful corner of Arizona. The Plane Team (928) 830-6976